1. What is the country’s full name? Esnos
2. What is the country’s shortened name? N/A
3. What are they known for? For their constant wars with their neighboring country, Sharus, and that they enslave dragons. They’re also known for their import and export of gemstones.
4. What does their flag/symbol look like? It’s an image of a phoenix in flight, surrounded by gemstones.
5. What is/are their motto(s)? By sword and shield, we conquer all.
5a. What is their motto(s) in the languages they speak? English is the primary language in this country.
6. What is the name of their national anthem? Yet to be decided.
6a. What is the style of their national anthem? (ex: Soviet, futuristic, etc.) Yet to be decided.
6b. What instruments/orchestras are used? (ex: Classical orchestra, violin quartet, etc.) Yet to be decided.
7. How big is the country? 3000 km
7a. How much of the country is water? 4 %
8. Is the country split up into administrative divisions? Yes, since there’s a war going on. Every division is under the control of one of Kanla’s generals.
8a. What are the administrative divisions called? Sectors.
8b. How many are there? Five.
8c. Do the divisions have capitals? Not exactly. But they do have towns that the generals coordinate operations from.
8d. What are the divisions' capitals' names? They do not have names.
9. How many time zones are there? Two.
9a. Does your country observe Daylight Savings Time? No.
9b. What calendar does your country use? A fictional one where there are only six months to the year.
10. Does your country have any oversea territory? Yes, a small island to the southeast of the country.
10a. How many do they have? Only one.
10b. Did other countries try to claim these territories? Yes, Sharus did.
10c. Did the dispute(s) get resolved peacefully, violently, or is it still going on? It ended peacefully, but there’s a lot of bad will between the two countries.
10d. Has your country ever lost territory? It’s lost territory to Sharus and to the dragon rebellion.
10e.Did they regain it back? Sometimes yes, and sometimes no.
10f. Is the territory independent? The territory Sharus stole is no longer part of Sharus. The territory the dragon rebellion stole has been mostly regained, except for small areas on the edges of the country.
10g. Did the territory become independent through diplomacy (i.e. peacefully), or through a war? Through a war.
11. What is the average temperature of each territory? Yet to be decided.
11a. What Köppen-Geiger climate classifications* do your territories have? (can be more than one) Yet to be decided.
12. What type of government does your country have? Monarchy.
13. How many people are the top-authority of your country? One.
13a. What are these people called? The King or Queen.
13b. Are their limits to their power? In theory, there is. The advisor and assistants to the King or Queen are, in theory, able to reject the monarch’s orders. But currently, they are not able to because of laws that were recently put in place.
13c. Do(es) the leader(s) have no limit to their power (e.g. a dictator)? See above.
14. How many political parties are there? Political parties are banned in this country.
14a. What are the name(s) of the party(ies)? See above.
15. Is there a council of people that limit the leader(s) power and/or manage the government? See 13b.
15a. What is the council called? It does not have a name.
15b. Are there subdivisions? No.
15c. What are the subdivisions called? See above.
15d. What do the subdivisions/council do? See 15b.
16. How many levels does the judicial courts have, if there is a judicial system? There is no judicial system.
16a. What are the different levels of courts called? See above.
17. Is there/are there any document(s) that state something important (such as laws or rights)? Yes.
18. Are the following legal?:
18a. Gay marriage: Yes.
18b. Gay relations: Yes.
18c. Murder in self-defense: No.
18d. Class A drugs (heroin, cocaine/crack, methadone, ecstasy, magic mushrooms, and LSD): These drugs do not exist in this world.
18e. Class B drugs (speed, barbiturates, codeine, weed, cathinones, and synthetic canninoids): These drugs do not exist in this world.
18f. Class C drugs (benzodiazepines, GHB/GBL, ketamine, anabolic steroids, and benzylpiperazines): These drugs do not exist in this world.
19. What things are illegal? Yet to be decided.
20. What is their capital city? The City Of The Rising Phoenix.
20a. Which administrative division is it located in? Sectors.
20b. How many people live in the capital? Yet to be decided.
20c. Is it the most populated city? Yes.
21. Who are their allies? Despite the bad will with Sharus, they are currently allies with Esnos.
22. Who are their enemies? Any dragon that’s part of the rebellion.
23. Who are they neutral to? There’s a couple countries (Currently unnamed) to the north of Esnos that they’re neutral to.
24. Who do they not recognize as being a country? None.
25. Who do they trade with? Sharus and the countries to the north.
25a. What do they trade? Gemstones mostly.
26. Which country(ies) do they have sanctions (a trade penalty restricting goods going to the sanctioned country) on? None.
26a. Why did they place sanctions on them? See above.
26b. Are the sanctions unilateral (one on one) or multilateral (two or more on two or more)? See 26.
27. What type of economy does the country have? Capitalist.
28. What resources are found in this country? Gemstones of all kinds and various types of ore.
29. Do they use fiat money? Yes.
29. If not, what resource(s) do they use as money? See above.
30. Using the country you live in’s money for reference, what is the worth of your country’s money? 1 US dollar is equal to 50 cents of this country’s money.
31. What is their GDP (Nominal)/How much money do they have? Yet to be decided.
32. What is their GDP (Purchasing Power Parity)/What is the exchange rate of goods in your country to equal the price of the same goods in your country? Yet to be decided.
33. How much of their nominal GDP is used in the following:
33a. Military: 70 %
33b. Government: 20 %
33c. Education: 1 %
33d. Medicine/Health: None
33e. Veterans' Benefits: None
33f. Housing: None
33g. International Affairs: 1 %
33h. Energy and Environment: None
33i. Science: 3 %
33j. Transportation: 2 %
33k. Food and Agriculture: 4 %
33l. Social Security: None
34. Are they in debt? No.
34a. Who/Whom are they indebted to? See above.
35. How many people live in this country? Yet to be decided.
36. What ethnicities are living in this country? This country is very ethnically diverse, there are people of all ethnicities living here.
38. What are/is the official language(s) spoken in this country? English/
39. What do the citizens of each class eat? Yet to be decided.
40. What do the citizens of different sex or ethnicity typically wear? Yet to be decided.
41. What type(s) of housing do the citizens live in, and what is typical housing for different classes? Priestesses live in the temple to the goddesses in the capital. Nobility and royalty live in and around the palace. Assistants to the queen, the queen’s advisor, and the queen’s servants live in and around the palace. Everyone else lives in houses they built themselves.
42. What religion(s) is/are there in this country? Children of The Two Divines
42a. What percentage of your country follow this/these religion(s)? 97 %
42b. What percent of your country is atheistic or unaffiliated? 3 %
43. What festivals or celebrations do they celebrate, and when do they celebrate them?
44. What are popular forms of music? Classical and rock.
44a. Who are some popular and/or influential musicians in your country and what type of music do they make? Yet to be decided.
45. What are some popular genres of literature/poetry? Yet to be decided.
45a. What are some popular and/or influential books and authors in your country? Yet to be decided.
46. What are popular genres of film? War and Action films
46a. What are some popular/influential actors, directors, and films in your country? Yet to be decided.
47. What are some popular genres of visual art? Impressionist style art.
47a. What are some popular and/or influential artists or paintings/sculpting/etc. in your country? Yet to be decided.
48. What landmarks are a point of interest in your country? The mountain the palace is built on, and the dragon’s nest. Also the abandoned battlefield in The Desert Of Shimmering Sand.
49. On a scale of zero to ten, with zero meaning using fire and using simple tools like spears, five meaning a first-world country that has had manned missions to their moon or close planets, and ten meaning interstellar/galactic, how technologically advanced is your country? Four.
50. What happened before it was a country? (Were they hunter-gatherers in small groups? Or did they live in small villages?) They lived in small scattered villages among dragons.
51. When did the first variation of your country appear? ^ After the war with the dragons and changelings.
52. When did this variation of your country fall? It still hasn’t.
52a. How did they fall? See above.
53. How did they form? After the war with changelings and dragons, Kanla’s ancestors formed the country and the capital.
54. Using the scale on #50, how technologically advanced is this country? Four.
55. What was the country’s full name? N/A
55a. What was their shortened name? N/A
56. What were the laws in this country? Yet to be decided.
57. What was the government like? It was a democracy.
58. What were the roles of each ethnicity and sex? Your role in this society is not determined by race or gender, but by your social class.
59. What did each ethnicity and sex wear? Yet to be decided.
60. What did the citizens eat? It did, and still does, varies by social class.
61. What type of housing did they have, and what was typical for each class? The houses of the lower class was, and still is, mostly made out of stone and anything they can get. The place and houses of nobility are and were more well-built and made from better materials.
62. Were they under the rule of another country? No.
62a. What was that country’s name? N/A
62b. Did they become independent, and when? N/A
63. Did they participate in any wars? The war with Sharus and the war with Anktra.
63a. When did they enter this/these war(s)? The war with Anktra was 6000 years ago. The war with Sharus was 20 years ago.
63b. Who were the belligerents (groups/countries involved)? Anktra’s army and Sharus.
63c. Was your country attacked, attacking, got dragged into it, or something else? See above.
63d. What groups, if any, were your country a part of? None.
63e. What groups, if any, attacked your country or its allies? Sharus and Anktra’s army.
63f. Did they change groups during or because of the war(s)? No.
63g Did your country or their group win or lose? Won both.
63h. If they lost and initiated the war, what was their punishment? They won.
63i. If they won, did they do anything to the ones who lost, and if they did, what did they do? They took the island to the southeast from Sharus, and any dragons they caught from Anktra’s group were executed or enslaved.
61. Are there any parallels to any real/fictional country that you know of? No.
62. Did the country do anything that changed the course of history for themselves or others? Enslaved dragons and stole that island from Sharus.
63. What were any key events that happened to the country to make it the way it is? The wars with Anktra and Sharus.